Good morning everyone! How’s your week going so far? Mine has been going by surprisingly fast, which make me so happy because I’ve been ready for another weekend since Monday morning. 🙂
As I sit down to decide what to write about for this post, I’m completely torn between introducing a delicious recipe to all of you or finally explaining the elliptical workout that I’ve been talking about for the past two weeks. SO I’ve just decided to bring all of you both in one post! To start, let’s talk about some food…
Portobello Mushroom Pizza
I’m definitely a carb-loving girl. The crust on pizza is my favorite part and when I was little, I would pick all of the toppings off of my pizza and just eat the crust. So when I came across a pizza recipe with zero crust, I wasn’t sold whatsoever. After seeing recipes continually come across Pinterest though, I finally caved and decided to try creating my own carb-free pizza. You guys, it was amazing! Bart even enjoyed it more than the fried rice he had made for himself, clearly making it an all-around success.
There are a ton of different variations you can make with the portobello mushrooms, but I’m bringing you the recipe I used this past Sunday night that completely sold me on the concept of no-carb pizza (well, every now and then…crust is still my favorite!).
- 2 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 1 Italian chicken sausage (can be subbed for ground sausage as well)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Clean your portobello mushrooms and remove the stem. Drizzle each with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over them evenly.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on your mushroom. I put the spinach down first, followed by the salsa, slices of chicken sausage (uncooked), and topped with mozzarella cheese.
- Put the mushrooms on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (mine cooked about 23 minutes and were perfect).
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
I loved this recipe and Bart and I can’t wait to try recreating it with different toppings next week. This time, he’ll be sure to pass on the fried rice to enjoy mushroom pizzas with me 🙂
Elliptical Workout #1
Now on to the workout portion of this post. As you all know, my knee has left me off of the treadmill for the past few weeks and while it’s starting to get better and I’m slowly making my way back to running, I was able to create an elliptical workout that I will probably be continuing after I’m back in my running groove. This workout incorporates a lot of speed work as well as a good hill push towards the end and is sure to leave you sweating!
This workout never fails to kick my butt and I absolutely love it!
Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and I’ll see you back here tomorrow for some Friday favorites 🙂
What is your favorite part of pizza?
What’s your favorite workout?