Happy weekend everyone!! I hope you all have had a fabulous Saturday morning so far and have gotten a chance to relax for a bit, even if it was after kicking butt in an early Saturday morning like I did. 10 miles were on the agenda for this morning and were completed before 10AM–AKA my weekend got kicked off just the way I like it to!
This morning was my first time running with the rest of the team that trains under my coach and I must say, I LOVED it! Running with a big group of people makes big distance runs even more enjoyable and I definitely think I’ve found a great group of people to help me get through the next few weeks following my half marathon (which is coming up a week from today–WOO!) where I’ll need to start busting out runs well over 16 miles every weekend. And I’m pretty sure I’ve already semi-committed to a long distance relay in July and the Portland Marathon in October if I survive my first full marathon in May, so here’s to the beginning of what just might be my new thing 🙂
In other weekend news, Bart and I kicked off our weekend yesterday by catching up with a good friend from college over happy hour cocktails and then wrapping the evening up at our favorite Sushi place in downtown Seattle. If you’re a sushi fanatic like we are, you have to try Japonessa down on 1st Avenue right down from Pike’s Place Market. Their sushi can’t be beat and neither can their happy hour prices which last until 8PM in the bar and then begin again at 10PM! Definitely worth a try if you’re ever in the area.
Today’s plans include being lazy for a few more hours and then hitting up downtown for some shopping and dinner with Bart’s family. Should be a fun one!
To end this post on a lighter note, here is a fun survey that I stole from Hayley. Feel free to steal or play along in the comments section below.
Five Places I’m Dying to Visit
- Italy (less than 4 months away!)
- Puerto Rico
- The Caribbean
- Fiji (Can you tell I like warm places??)
Five Foods I Eat (Almost) Everyday
- Peanut Butter – literally every.single.day.
Five Talents I Wish I Had
- Playing guitar
- Interior Design – I SO wish I had the vision and talent that some people do to make my apartment look gorgeous, but sadly I have to copy things I love that other people do
- Better at yoga – I know I could get there if I went to a class more than once a month, but I’d just always rather be running. Still would be fun to be able to do those crazy headstands though!
- Painting (or anything artistic at all really)
- Styling hair – once again, I have zero ability to visualize what hair-dos would look good outside of the curl/straight look I switch between
Five Celebrities I want to be Friends With
- Kate Hudson
- Reese Witherspoon
- Blake Lively
- John Krasinski – my Hollywood crush (apparently I have a thing for Polish guys 😉 )
- Natalie Coughlin
Five Blogs I Love
- The Real-Life RD – Robin is so awesome at showing what a balanced life looks like
- Hungry Runner Girl – Janae = running inspiration!
- Peanut Butter Fingers – Julie seems like such a cool person and her son is absolutely adorable!
- Ali on the Run – Ali is hilarious
- A Lady Goes West – Ashley’s take on life on the West Coast is so fun to read about
Five Things I Wear (Almost) Every Day
- A white or black tank top
- My fuzzy, white North Face jacket – best Christmas present ever, thanks mom and dad!
- A necklace – not necessarily the same one every day though
- Yoga pants – either to bed or to workout, they’re my favorite!
Five Songs I Could Listen to on Repeat
- My House – Flo Rida
- Me, Myself & I – G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha
- Die a Happy Man – Thomas Rhett (Bart & my song!)
- Crash Into Me – Dave Matthews
- Daughters – John Mayer
Five Beauty Products I Use Every Day
I have the same beauty routine every single day, so I’ll list my favorites
- Clinique Even Better Foundation & powder
- Kenra Thermal Styling Spray
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub
- Covergirl Lashblast Fusion mascara
- Clinique intense chocolate eyeliner
Five TV Shows I’m Emotionally Invested In
- The Bachelor – Team Lauren
- The Blacklist
- The Blindspot
- Modern Family
- The Middle
Solid mix of shows since I have to make sure they kind of appeal to Bart. And yes, he watches the Bachelor with me and is just as invested in it. Team Lauren WOO!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I’ll see you next week with a chat or two about how my taper before my half is treating me! 🙂