I know I say life is busy pretty often, but this week has seriously been one of my busiest this year. Work has had me flying around like crazy lately and on top of that, I’ve been in cleaning/packing mode every evening in preparation for my move next week. I don’t think I could be any more ready for vacation than I am now, which is a bit concerning since I still have a little under 3 weeks filled to the brim with to-do’s. I guess that’ll just make my trip even sweeter, right? 🙂
Because I have a bajillion things going on and need to keep this post shorter than normal, I figured I’d give you guys a little peak at a totally easy and delicious recipe that Bart and I have been relying on lately.
Warmer weather and the approach of summertime has led Bart and I to use our grill at least a few times each week. I’ve decided that basically any yummy food is even better when it’s grilled up (yep–I’m talking about you roasted veggies!). On top of that, Bart and I are both HUGE fans of seafood, which is really convenient since Seattle has some kick-butt, fresh seafood options nearly everywhere. So it makes sense that we put our heads together and came up with an awesome grilled salmon recipe that requires about 2-minutes of prep work and tastes amazing.
Personally, I think the dill in this makes the dish. It blends well with the lemon and really heightens the overall flavor of the salmon in my opinion (or maybe I’ve just been watching way too much Food Network…).
So without further ado, my fishy-loving friends, here’s our favorite Grilled Salmon recipe:
* 2 salmon fillets (about ~1/2 inch thick)
* 1 lemon (cut into 6 thin slices, leave about 1/3rd lemon uncut)
* 2 TBS Butter (can be cold)
* Fresh Dill
* Tin Foil
1. Turn your grill on to 400 before beginning your prep work. Make sure you have thawed out your salmon in advance.
2. Take your two fish fillets and place them on two separate pieces of tin foil. Sprinkle the fish with salt generously.
3. Chop up fresh dill and sprinkle it over each fillet. Take the 2 TBS of butter and separate it into 6 evenly-sliced chunks. I typically separate the 2 TBS into 2 separate chunks and then cut each into thirds. Top each fillet with 3 of the butter slices.
4. Slice 2/3rds of the lemon into 6 even pieces. Top each fillet with three lemon slices.
5. Take the remaining lemon and squeeze it over each fillet.
6. Wrap the fillets in the foil so they are completely covered and place them on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Remove from grill, unwrap, and enjoy with rice & roasted veggies!
So easy and so delicious! 🙂
And in other news– wishing a very happy birthday to Bart today! I’m such a lucky girl to have such an awesome guy in my life and can’t wait for all of our adventures to come! 🙂
Have a fabulous Thursday folks! One more day till the weekend!!!